Online Workshop: “How to Come to Terms with Your Child Being Diagnosed with Developmental Delay?”
All children develop their skills differently. “How old was your child when she first spoke her first words?”, parents often talk about the time their children achieve milestones, and it can be difficult to see other children passing these milestones before your own child. At this point, you may worry about developmental delays but there is more to it than being “slower to develop” or “a little behind” on a “timetable”. Some parents recognize and accept this fact, but others do not.
Understanding that developmental delays are typically caused by factors beyond a family’s control, is essential to provide an early intervention evaluation so parents can see what is going on with their child. Special Em’s Education Center officially introduces the Online Workshop: “HOW TO COME TO TERMS WITH YOUR CHILD BEING DIAGNOSED WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DELAY?” led by our two experts:
- Dr. Lai Thi Bich Thuy – A pediatrician of Careplus International Clinics, a specialist and healthcare provider with a network of more than 20 medical specialties and 26 clinics across Singapore.
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Tan – Master of Special Education, currently a lecturer at the National College of Education HCMC, and an expert in consulting and guiding parents who have children on the autism spectrum.
Joining the Online Workshop, parents will have the opportunity to listen to our experts and then ask questions and discuss topics such as:
- How to monitor children’s behaviors for an early intervention evaluation. The benefits, importance, and plan for early intervention.
- Signs of children with developmental delay – Based on the ASQ3 Ages and Stages Questionnaires.
- Screening and diagnostic tools for developmental delay and autistic children.
- Different psychological stages parents go through when faced with the diagnosis of their children.
- Strategies to help parents overcome these stages and effectively accompany their children.
Parents play a crucial role in child development. They provide encouragement, support, and access to activities that enable the child to improve vital developmental skills. Discovering their children’s developmental delays, accepting and accompanying them has never been a simple pathway and through this Online Workshop, Special Em’s hopes to assist our parents and their children on this journey.
With Special Em’s, “You are not alone!”.
Time: 8:00 pm, Thursday, September 23, 2021. The Online Workshop will be held via Zoom
Disclaimer: By registering to participate in this workshop, you allow Special Em’s to use your personal images which are recorded during the workshop for the purposes of Special Em’s communication and not to share with any other 3rd parties.
- September 23, 2021
Organized by: Trung tâm giáo dục Special Em’s