SPECIAL EDUCATION WORKSHOP: “ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR CHILD’S DEVELOPMENT?”
Many parents wonder if their children are progressing through developmental milestones at a normal pace. They often hear common myths such as language delay is an early sign of autism or allowing children to learn two or three languages at the same time will result in language disorders. In addition, in this era where technological devices are omnipresent, accidentally letling their children interact a lot with phones, TVs or Ipads will directly affect their social and emotional development.
We understand the concerns and confusion that parents can have about the normal developmental milestones of children and which milestones will be achieved in each stage of development; and parents often wonder if children who do not keep up with the normal flow of developmental milestones are autistic. Therefore, Special Em’s Education Center will be holding a Special education Workshop: “Are you concerned about your child’s development?” led by two experts:
- Dr. Simona Bossoni – Head of the Center of Children Development, Gia Khang International Hospital (GIH).
- Parent Coach Tu Anh Nguyen – Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator, Child and Adolescent Psychology.
Parents will have the opportunity to listen to these experts and discuss topics such as:
- Child developmental milestones – Based on the program “Learn the Signs. Act Early” of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Signs of children with developmental delay – Based on the ASQ3 Ages and Stages Questionnaires.
- Screening and diagnostic tools for autistic children – Based on the M-CHAT (the Modified Checklists for Autism in Toddlers) and the STAT (Screening Tool for Autism in Toddlers and Young children).
Through this Special Education workshop on April 10, Special Em’s Education Center will bring parents important information about the developmental milestones for each age, the indications that a child may have a developmental delay, and the common symptoms of autism or spectrum disorder in children so that parents can detect and intervene quickly and at the right time. Special Em’s hopes to stand side by side with parents on their journey to raise their children.
Time: 9:00 am, Saturday, April 10, 2021
Location: Special Em’s Education Center, 21 Pham Ngoc Thach, D.3, HCMC
*Please note: In order to allow time for each parent to speak directly with the two experts, this seminar will be limited to 30 registrations only.
- April 10, 2021
Organized by: Special Em’s Education Center
Venue: 21 Pham Ngoc Thach, W6, D3, HCMC